Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"Is every day your birthday?"


Last month, my nephew and niece called me on my birthday to wish me "Happy Birthday!" My niece’s birthday is four days before mine and so I enjoy teasing her that she’s older than me since her birthday comes first. She said, "No, I’m only four, and you’re old." Ouch, that hurt…but the fact is that chronologically I am old enough to be her grandfather so what can I say?

Well, even though I’m old, she taught me something that day. I asked her about her birthday party, which was on my birthday. She said she was having a party at her dance studio with all of her friends. They were going to play games and dance and have a good time. And then she said rather nonchalantly, "Like we always do."

That’s when I learned something—You don’t have to wait until a special occasion to celebrate. Every day can be like a birthday when you’re with your friends, having fun, and playing games.

After all, God gave us life to enjoy, right? When you start stressing out today because of the holiday rush, take a minute and pretend it’s your birthday and make a life, not just a living, okay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home