Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, December 10, 2007

"Are you praying?"


A friend shared with me her desire to change jobs—same career, just a different job. She was particularly interested in receiving better benefits, especially medical insurance, so that her husband could retire. In fact, her husband’s ability to retire was her motivation in changing jobs. She wasn’t dissatisfied in her current employment. So I joined her in praying for this job change, and the benefits package in particular.

Well, it wasn’t too long before I received an email telling me that she had accepted a new job. This job had the benefits she wanted, including medical insurance. And she received an increase in salary. And she would be setting up a home office, eliminating her commute.

Sometimes when you pray, you may wonder if God’s even listening. But other times when you pray, God over-delivers as in my friend’s situation. It’s almost too good to be true. It’s almost a "be-careful-what-you-pray-for" experience.

God listens to life with you. And the God who created the cosmos will take care of you as you make a life, not just a living.

1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr Joey,

A couple of years ago the job I was in was stressful and the boss wasn't very nice. I started praying for a different job if He wanted me to change or to guide me to continue working at the one I was at. A couple of months later I had gotten home and on my answering machine was a long-time friend I hadn't seen or heard from in quite awhile, she said she didn't know what I was doing or was even interested, but she knew of a job that come open and to call her if I was interested.

That was 2 years ago this past August, I gave 2 weeks notice and started my current job September 1st and love it.

I have told everyone they need to be careful what they pray for and make sure they are ready when God delivers their prayer requests, because it's not always the way we expect it!

Thank you for Listen to Life and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Cindy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home