Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, August 02, 2007

"Do you learn from your mistakes?"


I recently enjoyed a few days at the beach with about 40 or so of my favorite family members. I love the beach. But years ago I learned to respect the sun and it’s ability to crispy-fry my fair skin in a matter of hours. So I’m a big user of sunscreen, like SPF 36 and above. My feet were blistered one year so I’m particularly careful about them…

…except for this year. I thought I had coated my feet in plenty of sunscreen. I splashed around in the ocean, enjoyed my daily 1-hour walk, thinking I was protected. The next morning I discovered my mistake. I covered my feet thoroughly except for one small patch on the top of my right foot, about the size of 3 quarters. I know because it’s sunburned.

There’s nothing I can do except treat my foot this time. I can’t turn back the clock. But I can learn from my mistake and make sure that next time I get every inch of my feet covered with sunblock.

Life’s like that, too. You can’t undo a mistake, but you can learn from it and ask God to help you do better next time as you make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home