Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"What's easy for you?"


Recently I pulled a new, unopened pack of turkey out of the refrigerator. It was a brand I wasn’t familiar with, but I mean how hard could it be to open a container of turkey, right? Well, I searched around a bit, found the place to open the lid and got it off. Next, the turkey was vacuum-sealed inside. So I picked up the package, and noticed on one corner a label that read, "Easy Open Here."

"Piece of cake," I thought, and began pulling on the "Easy Open Here" corner. And I pulled…and pulled, folded and tried to separate the seal, and nothing worked. Finally I just gave up, found the scissors, and cut it open.
You know, what’s "Easy Open Here" for one person, isn’t so easy for another. You are unique among over 6 billion people here so what works easily for you might not be easy for someone else.

Avoid assuming just because something is easy for you that it’ll be easy for someone else. Instead work to make life easy for others, asking them what that looks like, as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home