Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, June 18, 2007

"What kind of D.A.D. are you?"


Effective Dads act on their intentions. The Fatherhood Initiative does a study each year that usually reveals a father spends about 3 minutes a day with his child.

It’s one thing for a Dad to say, "I intend to come home and spend time with my family" or "…play with my daughter" or "…hang out with my son." It’s another thing when you act on them.

I am blessed to be the dad of two daughters. One thing I figured out pretty quickly was that they watch everything I do in my relationship with their Mom. They observe how I interact with her—how I’m loving and when I’m angry. So one intention I act on regularly that is a great gift to our daughters is to let them know how much I love their mom, not just because she did something great for me, but just because she is my wife and their mom. And that I intend to keep acting that way so that we will Stay Married Forever. (Go to www.StayMarriedForever.org.)

The A in D.A.D. is to act on your intentions as you make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home