Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, September 10, 2006

"Where do you look when you drive?"


Last month, my car’s air-conditioning unit developed a problem. When I was traveling out of town on the hottest day of the year was when it quit working.

When it worked, the air was really cold. So I figured it wasn’t out of coolant and started watching the indicator light on the switch. I noticed that it blinked several times, turned itself off, and then the air warmed up. And of course the solution to this problem is not for me to get it fixed by a repair shop, but to stare at the indicator light as I’m driving and try to switch it back on before it disconnected itself.

So I’m driving down the road, looking through the windshield, but glancing a lot at the indicator light. That means I drove down the road not looking where I was going, making me a hazard to myself and other drivers.

How often do you drive your life staring at something that’s wrong rather than keeping your eyes on your goals that you’re driving toward? Life indicator lights that are negative are there to tell you to fix something. So ask God to help you fix it, don’t dwell on it, and move on down the road to making a life today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home