Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

"Who cares for you?"


My wife, older daughter and I recently ate lunch with some friends who have a new baby. He’s the cutest little guy, just a few months old so he’s starting to wake up a bit more and make his presence known.

Well, he decided to make his presence known during our meal. So his parents took turns walking him around, trying to calm him down. Neither feeding him or a diaper change seemed to help. So they walked.

Our older daughter said something about the interruption to their meal and how she just wasn’t ready for all of that responsibility yet. And I said, “You’re right. It changes your lifestyle. Your mother and I thought we’d never get to eat out again because of you. But we loved you enough to keep trying and here we are eating out with you today.”

“I hadn’t thought about that,” she said.

And I guess most of us don’t. But someone took care of you early on and was patient with you. And that’s the way God lovingly treats you for your entire life. So listen to life today and make a life and let God care for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home