Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

"Do you make the most of change?"


We recently built some new dog kennels on our farm. They’re a nice size for the yellow Labs we raise, but one of them, Jake, just wasn’t quite accustomed to it. So he barked and paced for a few days while it was his turn to remain inside. He didn’t appreciate the change in his routine.

Well, after those few days, I noticed that Jake was quiet during the time in his kennel. I wondered what had changed so I looked out at him when he wasn’t noticing. Jake had taken a ball, his favorite ball, from the yard and brought it in his kennel. So there he was, tossing the ball up in the air and catching it in his mouth. Then he threw it against the fence and pounced on the rebound.

He reminded me of when I was a little boy and my younger brother didn’t want to play catch and my dad wasn’t home. I would stand in the backyard, toss my baseball just as high up in the air as I could and then catch it.

Something will change in your world today and you may not like it. You’ll face a choice: complain and pace or make the most of it like Jake. Choose to make the most of it as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home