Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, December 18, 2005

"Do you know where your watch is?"

Earlier this year I stopped wearing my watch. Now I like my watch. It’s a very well-known brand watch. Some friends of mine gave it to me. It’s beautiful.

So why did I stop wearing it? To help me focus less on what’s coming up next and where I’m going and by when and more on where I am now, what I’m doing now, who I’m with now, and what’s going on now.

You’re probably wondering how I get anywhere on time. I have a mobile phone and it keeps time. And there are clocks everywhere—restaurant walls, the car, my friends’ wrists. I haven’t been any later than I was earlier for any of my appointments, but I sure feel freer.

I feel freer to listen to the person I’m eating lunch with who has cancer. I feel freer to answer email from around the world from people searching for life answers. I feel freer to have fun at the gym with my daughter. I feel freer to share with my wife.

So try it for a day or two. Just put your watch in your dresser drawer and try it. And listen to life and make a life, not just a time-driven living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home