Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

"Are you growing?"

My roses are absolutely beautiful this year. And to think that only a couple of months ago, I had pruned the canes back to only 6-8 inches. Now, they’re several feet high with lots of blooms on them.

And they’ve really grown…but that’s because I’ve fertilized and watered them. I gave the roses what they needed to grow, at least what I could give them. Of course, God sent the sunshine to energize the fertilizer and water they absorbed through their roots. But it just amazes me that they’ve grown from so small to large bushes in so short a period of time.

Maybe you feel cut off by life, kind of like my roses at six inches. Something happened to you, something beyond your control, and you’re wondering if you’ll ever be the same or even close to normal again.

Just as my roses grew, you can grow, too. Feed your spirit nourishing love and grace from God and you can grow again. Choose to drink deeply from God’s garden of good stuff as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home