Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, January 07, 2008

"Do you misunderstand?"


Recently, my nephew and his dad (my brother) were talking about his role in the Christmas play at school. They were discussing his costume and what he’d do in the play; those kind of things.

"What character are you playing?" my brother asked.

My nephew said, "I’m a shepherd."

"Oh," my brother said, "Do you know what a shepherd does?"

"I guess he herds sheps," my nephew said.

And my brother, without laughing, said, "That’s sheep, son. He herds sheep."

"Oh good," my nephew said. "That makes sense now. I didn’t even know what a shep was, Daddy. I didn’t know how I was going to herd it."

Do you ever get assigned a role at work or home and wonder how you’re going to do it? And you’re not even sure what it means?

Life’s like that sometimes. Next time you’re asked to do something you’re not sure about, ask your Heavenly Daddy to send you some help as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home