Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

"Do you just zone out?"

Sometimes when I get in traffic, especially when I’m sitting at a traffic light, I just zone out, i.e., I just let my mind wander and think about a challenge I’m facing in my business and the best way to approach it, or about how to best coach someone to move forward in listening to life, or something like that. I don’t ever have to worry about missing a light change because the vehicle beside me starts moving or some kind person behind me blows the horn.

Do you ever do that? I’m sure you do; just kind of put your brain in neutral to the world around you and go to Maui or somewhere in your imagination?

Recently I came out of my zone, went through the traffic light, and there in the turn lane beside me were five red vehicles in a row—the identical shade of red, one after another. And I thought to myself, “If I had been totally zoned out, I would have missed that unusual sight.”Don’t walk around zoned out. Wake up and pay attention to what’s going on around you. You’ll listen to life and make a life, not just a living much, much better if you pay attention to life.

1 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How appropriate. I was in the board room yesterday thinking about my life and where I was and where I wanted to go with my life, only to realize that it was my turn to present the next portion on the meeting.

It's time like those, when I realize how important it is to step back and listen to life and not focus so much on making a living.

Thanks for helping me focus on what is truly important in life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home