Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Friday, September 30, 2005

"Do you flinch?"

When I was a teenager, my dad, little brother, and I went hunting one day. It was a crisp fall morning and we were having a great time together bird hunting. In fact, one of us downed a bird and I went after it. It fell over in one of my grandfather’s cow pastures.

There was a tiny stream running through the pasture. I thought maybe the bird had fallen in it so I stepped over to take a look. All of a sudden, I heard what sounded like thunder and looked up to discover a small herd of about 25 cattle running straight for me, charging. By this time, they were too close for me to outrun. I thought about shooting the lead cow, but I knew Granddaddy wouldn’t like that so I decided to wait until the last possible moment before shooting. So I just stood there, not flinching, staring down that lead cow; my gun leveled just in case. Right before she got to the stream, she stopped and the herd stopped too.

The next time a life problem charges you, don’t run, don’t shoot; don’t flinch. Have the courage to stand, stare it down, and know God is in control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home